Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bug ZZzzapper!


So anyway, the 80s called and it said that maybe this blog isn't just about this house anymore. They just called to say they love me? And to tell me that I can talk about whatever I want to. Thanks, 80s!

Because nothing house related is happening. We tore out tile and wallpaper and it's just hideous and apparently staying that way until we get off our lazy arses.  We did have a party and I consoled myself with the thought that at least people will see what the place looked like "before" (if we ever get to the "after"). I'm surprisingly not bothered by it. The space is perfection for parties so that bodes well for the rest of my life.

We had no flooding or storm damage, and I couldn't be more grateful. My heart is broken for everyone dealing with the devastation of the storm and I cried while driving on the turnpike when I saw a caravan of trucks carrying generators. I didn't even really know what I was crying about but GAH. Global warming, HERE SHE BLOWS! I can't think of anything more terrifying.  It's happening. Let's change the subject.

Random shit in Three Acts:

Act 1: My favorite noises
  • I've been hyper-focused on a few limited artists right now. The coolest nerd. Tim Minchin is clever, political and offensive. If that bothers you don't follow him on twitter or listen to any of his politically tinged satire, though it would be a shame because he's a funny, funny, funny genius. His catalog is deep and varied and he has an Australian accent which makes everything better.
  • This. This is completely different but this album is perfect, and the band members are... wait for it... seventeen.  Album is pay-what-you-want so you have nothing to lose.  It's remarkable. I'm the self appointed Captain of the D-Team Fan Club.
  • Karaoke. I am a horrible singer but I really got the rush during Me and Bobby McGee and I'm hooked. Also my friends are the funnest people on the earth. I think I'm getting my nose re-pierced.  That's unrelated.


Act 2: Cat Statues
So anyway, cat statues. Did you know that I was given cat statues from three different people , unsolicited, unbeknownst to each other, within a period of 3 months? Also, I do not have a cat or care about cats? And so I have a collection and since then have been receiving multitudes of cat statues as gifts because the universe says so. If you come over and we are influenced I will take them out and introduce them to you and make a little puppet show with them and you will feel a little better about yourself because at least you're not as weird as me. Maybe I'll make a video for the internet and I'm sorry if you have read this far, I'm not making that video.


Act 3: Candy
As you know I am a budget braceface as well as a candy lover and it's Halloween. Brad was eating Mike & Ikes Red Rageous (why did they not have this when I was allowed to eat candy!? All reds, duh. It's what the people want!) in bed and I had to leave the room because I could smell them and I was so jealous. So I saw this list on another blog and decided to torture myself by spending a ridiculous amount of time ranking all my favorite candy.


Top shelf
Cadbury Creme Eggs
Laffy Taffy
Milky Way
Rolo
Snickers
Three Musketeers
Starburst
Twix
Mentos (fruit)


I like this


M&Ms
Andes Mints
Baby Ruth
Candy cigarettes
Mike and Ike
Now and Later
Junior Mints
Kit-Kat
Peeps
Reese's peanut butter cups
Sour Patch Kids
Tootsie Rolls
Pez
Sprees
Take Five
Swedish Fish
York Peppermint Patties
Hershey Bar
Pocky
Hershey's Kiss
Nerds
Skittles


Not bad/Not sure if I've had
100 GRAND Bar
5th Avenue
Butterfinger
Chiclets Gum
Clark bar
Mounds
Red Vines
Smarties
Whoppers
Gummi bears or worms
Jelly beans
Jolly Ranchers
Krackel chocolate bar
Lemonheads
Lifesavers
Milk Duds
Mr. Goodbar
Nutrageous
Oh Henry
Pay Day
Pixie Stix
Pop Rocks
Sweet Tarts
Fun Dip
Whatchamacallit
Zagnut
Almond Joy

If I was starving
Bazooka Bubble Gum
Blow Pops
Candy Canes
Heath bar
Symphony Bar
Dots
JuJu Bees
Sugar Daddy
Ring Pops
Toblerone
Tootsie Roll pops
Raisinets
Werther's Original
Cow Tales


Reese's pieces
Twizzlers
Jawbreakers

Burn it with fire
Good & Plenty
Atomic Fireball
Candy corn
Circus peanuts
Mary Janes
Necco wafers
Hot Tamales
Nik-L-Nips

Worst candy in existence
Wax lips (are you even supposed to eat them?)


Well, that was a productive use of my time! My love and apologies!

No comments:

Post a Comment